I love eggplant parmesan. It's crispy and delicioius. I love making this meal on Sundays becaue it takes a little longer and it's just a great way to start the week.
- 1 small eggplant (graffiti eggplant is the best)
- 1/4 C gluten free flour
- 1 C panko bread crumbs
- 2 TBS nutritional yeast
- 1 TSB dried oregano
- 1/4 TSP sea salt
- 1/2 C unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1 TSP arrowroot starch
- olive oil spray
- Preheat oven 400 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper and olive oil spray.
- Slice eggplant into thin slices then sprinkle salt on both sides. Place slices between paper towels so water is absorbed
- In one bowl pour milk and arrowroot starch and whisk.
- In a second bowl add gluten free flour.
- In a third bowl add bread crumbs, sea salt, oregano and nutritional yeast.
- Take once slice of eggplant and dip in almond milk, then gluten free flour, then breadcrumb mix and place on baking sheet.
- Once you've dipped all eggplant slices, spray olive oil on top or pour a little olive oil on top and bake for 25-30 minutes.