As you know I don't eat meat but I've come up with a delicious steak substitute, which is my tofu steak. Although my tofu steak is pretty good, it was missing something. That's when did some research on what sauces go best with steak and mushroom sauces came up a lot. I hope you like this mushroom sauce. It was pretty good in my opinion.
- 5-6 button mushrooms
- 1/4 red onion chopped or 1 shallot
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 2 TBS avocado oil
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 cup of tamari sauce
- 1/4 TSP oregano, thyme, and basil
- Slice the mushrooms, chop red onion or shallot, and mince the garlic.
- Suatee the garlic and mushroom with the avocado oil for a 1 to 2 minutes
- In a bowl whisk the balsamic vinegar, tamari sauce and herbs.
- Pour the mixture on the mushrooms and garlic.
- Suatee for about another 1 to 2 minutes.